Adding Closed Captions to your Google Drive videos is easy with CaptionSync. Google Drive is a secure cloud storage and synchronization service. It allows users to store files such as videos, photos, documents; synchronize files across devices and share files for viewing, editing, or leave comments. This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to submit Google Drive videos for closed captioning.
Note that Closed Captions can only be added to video files, not audio formats. More information about the formats the Google Drive player supports is available in their article on this topic.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- Google supports the .SRT format. So, in your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the SRT format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your video.
- Once results are available, download the .srt file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into Google Drive:
- Log into your Google Drive account, and open the More actions menu for your video file. Click Manage caption tracks...:
- Choose Add new captions or transcripts:
- Browse for the .srt file. Choose the appropriate language, click Upload and then Done:
- Double-click your video, and click the CC icon to see captions displayed:
More information about Closed Captioning in Google Drive is available in their support article.