Closed Captioning YouTube videos is quite easy with CaptionSync. This article shows how to submit a URL to a YouTube video for captioning.
There are two possible scenarios for Captioning YouTube videos:
- You own the video. In this case, you can take advantage of our YouTube integration, and we'll post the caption file back into the video entry, once results are available.
Alternatively, follow the instructions below to submit the URL, and once results are available, associate the caption file with the YouTube video.
- You don't own the video. In this case, read these important notes first. If the YouTube video allows embedding and allows playback as embedded, then follow the instructions below to submit the URL. Once results are available, you can use our Smart Player feature to watch the captions.
Submitting a YouTube URL:
- Submit your YouTube URL using our List of URLs feature. Both HTTP or HTTPS protocols are acceptable. Note that YouTube URLs need to be submitted to our system in the correct format and publicly viewable (i.e. not protected; but can be unlisted), e.g.:
Please do not submit URLs to YouTube Playlists, User pages or embed code; only URLs to individual videos. So the following 3 formats are incorrect:
http://youtu.be/iooV_TfQWs5y (Short URL)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/iooV_TfQWs5y (Embed URL)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ASTMargaret (User page)
- Once you've made the request, the List Details page will show you the URL(s) and their status.
- When results are available, you'll be notified via email.