Adding Closed Captions to your videos in Office 365 is easy with CaptionSync. In this tutorial we show how to add closed captions to videos in Office 365 presentations.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
1. In your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, select the .vtt output.
2. Make your Captioning request, using your Office 365 media file.
3. Once results are available, download the .vtt file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Adding captions to a video in Office 365:
1. Log into Office 365. In the top-left corner of the page, select the app launcher icon and then Video:
2. On the top navigation bar, choose Channels:
3. Select a channel for which you have owner or editor permissions. On the Channel page, select the video you want to add captions to.
4. On the Video page, select Manage -> Subtitles or captions:
5. In the Subtitles or captions pane, select Upload a new file:
6. In the Upload a new file pane, select the language for your captions and click Upload:
7. Browse for the .vtt file and click Open. The caption file will be uploaded and captions will be displayed during playback.
More information is provided in Office's tutorial on adding captions to a video.
Please sign in to leave a comment.