Our Live Captioning partner Alternative Communication Services (ACS) provides users with an account where they can access their schedule, view assigned writers, and get the URLs to the captioning pages.
Logging into your ACS WordShare captioning account:
- Log into the account via http://www.wordshare.com (click Sign In).
- Under Student/Client Login enter your login info (email address and password), and click Submit:
- Once you are logged-in, you are directed to the Schedule Home page containing the current week of scheduled events, including date, time (ET), duration, event name, and scheduled writer. You may click Previous Week or Next Week to search through your semester schedule. The writer's Skype name can also be found on the schedule.
- Click on the WordShare hyperlink (highlighted in blue) which coincides with your scheduled class. This is located in the WordShare Event List box:
Click on the Menu icon (upper right-hand corner) to see the different features:
- Transcripts: Email the transcript to yourself right after class is over.
- Fullscreen: Removes the Wordshare header and menu feature. Click ESC to go back to normal view.
- Show Notes: Click this feature to enable note-taking within your live transcription. Simply highlight the text you wish to save. Click on the pencil icon, type your note, and select Save.
- Player Controls: Check the boxes to enable the different controls.
Calling Your Writer:
Now that you have logged into your ACS WordShare captioning account, determined your assigned writer and clicked the Streamtext.net captioning link, it’s time to “call your writer”:
- Open Skype and sign in using your user name and password.
- Add the writer to your Skype account (if not already listed in contacts).
- Use the instant message section of Skype to say “Hi” to your assigned writer. This alerts the writer that you are present and ready to go.
- Initiate a “phone” call by clicking the phone icon in Skype (audio call only, video not required).
These services are provided by our partner Alternative Communication Services (ACS).