Closed Captioning Brightcove Studio videos with CaptionSync is easy using our integration. This tutorial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with Brightcove Studio.
One-Time Setup (CaptionSync account):
- Log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Brightcove Video Cloud Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Brightcove on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, reload your CaptionSync tab, and navigate to Settings -> Brightcove Video Cloud Settings. Keep this tab open.
- On a separate tab, log into your Brightcove account and go to Admin -> Account Information. Copy the Account number and paste it into the Brightcove Account ID field, in your CaptionSync account, Brightcove Video Cloud Settings page.
- In your Brightcove account, go to Admin -> API Authentication. Click Register New Application. On the next screen, do the following:
- Enter a Name, like CaptionSync captioning integration, and a Short Description.
- Under Available Accounts, choose Automatic Sync Technologies, and add it to the Selected Accounts box.
- Under Exposed Brightcove APIs, check all the boxes under CMS and under Dynamic Ingest.
- Click Save. Don't navigate away from this screen.
- Two values were exposed in your Brightcove system: the Client ID and the Client Secret.
NOTE: The Client Secret is only exposed once, so make sure you save it in a secure location or in your CaptionSync account (as described next).
You'll need to copy those 2 values into your CaptionSync account, Brightcove Video Cloud Settings page:
- First, copy the Client ID, and paste it into the Brightcove Client ID field.
- Then copy the Client Secret, and paste into the Brightcove Client Secret field.
- Finally, in the Brightcove Video Cloud Settings page, enter ast-requested next to Tag to Monitor, and click Update Settings:
- In your Brightcove system, navigate to your library (Home -> Media). Click the entry you wish to request captions for:
- On the next page, scroll down to the bottom, to check that there are no captions already associated with the entry:
- If there aren't already captions in you target language, scroll up to the Video Information panel, and click Edit. Add the ast-requested tag under Tags, and click Save:
- A new captioning request will be sent to your CaptionSync account.
Once the request is processed, you will see a new list ID under Captioning -> Status of Lists. Once the submission is processed, there will be a new AST ID. To see the details of the submission, cancel it or to submit a redo, go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions.
- In your Brightcove system, navigate to your library (Home -> Media). Click the entry you wish to view. You can toggle captions on and off by clicking the CC icon:
The player also allows you to configure some appearance settings, by clicking CC -> captions settings:
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from Brightcove. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.
- The Smart Player feature is available for requests made via Brightcove Video Cloud integration.
- More information about managing API Authentication Credentials is available in Brightcove's Managing API Authentication Credentials article.