Adding Closed Captions to your videos in Office Sway is easy with CaptionSync. In this tutorial we show how to add closed captions to videos in Sway presentations.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
1. In your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, select the .vtt output.
2. Make your Captioning request, using your Sway media file.
3. Once results are available, download the .vtt file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into your Sway:
1. Add a new video or audio card to your Sway, by either uploading the content, recording it or adding the content from your OneDrive account. Then expand the card using the Details button:
2. Click Add closed caption, at the bottom of the expanded card, and select your closed caption file (.vtt format) and the language it is in:
3. To watch captions begin displayed, select the option to turn closed captions on and the language they're in:
More information is provided in Office Sway's blog post on adding closed captions.
- The option to associate closed caption files with any video files is only available to Office 365 authors.
- Alternatively, you can choose to insert a previously captioned YouTube video, using the Insert option, from the top menu bar:
Please sign in to leave a comment.