Closed Captioning online videos is easy with the CaptionSync Smart Player. This tool is available for requests made via List of URLs for the URLs listed below and also some integrations.
Important Note for Audio Description requests: the Smart Player will only be available for requests placed via List of URLs, using the URLs listed below, except for Vimeo URLs (free accounts) and also Echo360 ALP integration requests. For Dropbox and direct URLs, users need to supply us with a video in the .mp4, .m4v or .f4v format.
- Dropbox (only files in the .mp4, .m4v, .f4v, or .mp3 formats)
- Direct URLs to .mp4, .m4v, .f4v, or .mp3 media files: http://www.domain.com/path/video_filename.mp4
Note: If you're having trouble finding a direct link to your media file, check out these tips.
- Videos submitted via the following integrations: YouTube, Box, Google Drive, Echo360 ALP, Legacy Brightcove, Brightcove Video Cloud, Kaltura, Kaltura MediaSpace, Warpwire, 3C Media and D2L Capture.
- With the exception of media files located on Box or Google Drive, the videos need to be published and publicly available.
- The Smart Player is only available for Google Drive integration requests placed for media files smaller than 100 MB. If your media files are larger than 100 MB, check out alternative options.
- For the Echo360 ALP integration, only an audio version of the media file will be available in the Smart Player.
- If you want to use the Smart Player with Warpwire, please open a ticket.
More information is available in our Smart Player tutorial.
- If your input file is not in a format we accept, you can use a converter to transcode it to the .mp4 or .mp3 format.