When using our List of URLs feature, our system will indicate if the media file was successfully downloaded from the URL provided to us, or if there was an issue with the request. In this article we show how to check the status of a List and fix any problems with downloads.
Media file downloaded but Submission not processed:
If you see a green field, then your file was successfully downloaded. If there is no AST ID, then we downloaded the media, but several things may have happened:
- We have not yet processed the submission. There will be a warning stating Queued for ingestion.
- The downloaded media was invalid. You will be emailed about this.
- The media file is private/protected. You will be emailed about this.
Please make your media file public, and then re-fetch the item using the Retry Fetching List Items feature.
- There are insufficient prepaid credits on your account to process the file. You will be emailed about this.
Please add sufficient credits to your account, and then re-fetch the item using the Retry Fetching List Items feature. Note that you can only make one attempt to re-fetch the missing items on the list, so you should add credits to your account first and then try to re-fetch the list.
Media file not downloaded:
If you see a red field, then your file wasn’t downloaded (possibly despite getting a success message from the webserver). This could be due to:
- A problem with the server where the media file is kept. You will be emailed about this.
Try a little later, using the Retry Fetching List Items feature.
- The media file was not found (e.g., 404 error). You will be emailed about this.
Place the file in the correct location, then re-fetch the item using the Retry Fetching List Items feature.
- The Retry Fetching List Items feature can only be used once.
Please sign in to leave a comment.