Adding closed captioned videos to your Canvas courses and assignments is easy with our CaptionSync Smart Player LTI application. This is particularly useful for videos you don't own. This tutorial describes how to embed videos (that were captioned using our Smart Player feature) in Canvas courses where the CaptionSync Smart Player LTI integration was previously enabled.
Video Tutorial (This video is an alternative to the Text Tutorial)
- In your Canvas course, navigate to Pages or Assignments. Click Edit, or create a new Page or Assignment.
- In the Rich Content Editor, select the place where you want to embed the video and click the CaptionSync icon.
- Select the video you want to embed from the list of captioned videos. Click Embed.
If you have several videos in your list, you can use the search tool to narrow down the list.
- Once the video is embedded on a course page, learners can view the entire video with captions, without having to leave the course page.
- You can add as many videos as you need to a course or assignment.
- To set up the CaptionSync LTI application, visit our Canvas LTI Application for the CaptionSync Smart Player tutorial (for Canvas users with Administrator privileges, or LTI "add and edit" privileges).
- The Smart Player videos embedded in a course will also be available when using the Canvas mobile app. We recommend using the portrait mode to watch the videos for a better control of the player.
- If you prefer to add closed captions directly to Canvas videos you own, check out our Adding Closed Captions to Canvas Videos tutorial instead.