- Open a ticket so that we can enable your CaptionSync account for the Kaltura MediaSpace integration.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, you can either log into your Kaltura KMC account and go to Settings -> Integration Settings to copy the Partner ID and Administrator Secret, or within your Kaltura MediaSpace administrator account, go to Manage Configuration -> Client and copy the partnerId and adminSecret.
- Log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Kaltura MediaSpace, paste the Partner ID and Administrator Secret into the appropriate fields and click Automatically Set Up:
MediaSpace User Permissions:
Before making Captioning requests, you need to ensure you give MediaSpace users and instructors appropriate permissions to request captioning. MediaSpace administrators can give captioning access to specific MediaSpace users, like instructors, by logging into MediaSpace as an Administrator, and opening the Manage Users tab. Then, clicking the Edit User button next to the user you will be giving permission to request captioning, and changing the role to adminRole. Finally, save these settings. Repeat the same steps for each user you need to give permission to request captioning.
Approving Captioning requests:
- Moderators that need to approve captioning requests can do so by going to the CaptionSync Captions -> Order Captions category, within the MediaSpace site.
- The requests awaiting approval will show under Pending. Select the requests you want to approve and click Approve.
- Go to the CaptionSync Captions -> Captions In Process category to see the requests that have been approved for captioning and are being processed.
- Once captions are complete, the video will show in the Captions Complete category. CaptionSync will automatically push the caption file back to Kaltura MediaSpace and will associate captions with the matching video.
- You can hide the captioning categories from the MediaSpace menus under Manage Configuration -> Navigation, by changing the includeCategories option from Yes to No and save these settings. Note that this action will hide all existing categories not just the captioning categories, except for the PRE and POST menu items.
- If you choose to hide the categories and you have made Order Captions a moderated category, you will need to use a link (that we can provide) in order to approve captioning requests, or use the link in the Kaltura moderator notification email. As an alternative to Kaltura category moderation, you can use our Submission Approval feature.
Once the one-time setup is completed and users have been enabled to request captioning, please visit our article on Closed Captioning with Kaltura MediaSpace - Instructors, to learn how to request captioning via Kaltura MediaSpace.