Closed Captioning Warpwire videos with CaptionSync is easy using our integration. This tutotial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with Warpwire.
Admin Setup (CaptionSync account):
- Log into your CaptionSync account, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Warpwire integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Warpwire on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log back into your account, and navigate to Settings -> Warpwire. Copy the Shared Secret value to your clipboard, and ensure the "Enabled" box is checked.
Admin Setup (Warpwire account):
- Click your username, in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then select Admin Tool. From the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner of the page, select Closed Caption Requests:
- Click Manage Profiles, in the upper-right corner of the admin page:
- Click Add Profile, and give your new profile a name. You can set it up as the default for future requests.
- Select CaptionSync from the provider menu and complete the form as follows:
- Name: Give your profile a name, such as CaptionSync - 1 Day, or something similar.
- Default: Choose whether to set up this profile as default.
- Customer ID: corresponds to your CaptionSync username.
- Customer Secret: is the one provided in your CaptionSync account, under Settings -> Warpwire.
- Select the desired turnaround time for this profile, and click Save.
This completes the one-time setup for the CaptionSync profile, and now you're ready to approve any captioning requests for other Warpwire users. Note that you can create more than one CaptionSync profile depending on the preferred turnaround time for your captioning requests.
Requesting Captions (Users):
- Open the Settings page of the media asset you want to request captions for.
- Click the + Add button next to Captions, and select Request Caption:
- You will be prompted to a new dialog box to confirm your closed captioning request. If you have any guidance to send the transcriber, you can use the Notes to Admin (optional) box. Finally, click Create:
- Click the View Caption Requests button in the + Add -> Captions page, to check the status of your request:
Approving Captioning requests (Admins):
- Click your username, in the upper-right corner of the screen, and then select Admin Tool. From the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner of the page, select Closed Caption Requests. Captioning requests will be listed on this page. Click View Caption Request to approve a request:
- On the dialog box, you can review the settings, and edit the Source Language, Destination Language, and Caption Profile. If the source language of the media is other than English, check the box next to Source or destination language is not English. Once you've approved the request, you will see a Caption Request successfully submitted message. Click Done. A new captioning request will be sent to the relevant CaptionSync account.
Once the request is processed, there will be a new list ID under Captioning -> Status of Lists, in the relevant CaptionSync account. Once the submission is processed, there will be a new AST ID. To see the details of the submission, cancel it or to submit a redo, go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions.
- Once the captioning results are completed, they will appear on subsequent playbacks automatically, and will be searchable using the media rich caption search tool.
- During playback, click CC to watch captions being displayed.
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from Warpwire. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.
- You can find more information about creating a Closed Caption Profile in Warpwire's article Managing Captions with CaptionSync.
- You can find more information about requesting captions for your media in Warpwire's article Requesting Closed Captions.