Closed Captioning Warpwire videos with CaptionSync is easy using our integration. This tutotial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with Warpwire.
Admin Setup (CaptionSync account):
- Log into your CaptionSync account, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Warpwire integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Warpwire on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log back into your account, and navigate to Settings -> Warpwire. Copy the Shared Secret value to your clipboard, and ensure the "Enabled" box is checked.
Admin Setup (Warpwire account):
- Log into your Warpwire Admin account, and navigate to Warpwire Admin under your username in the upper-right corner.
- Select Closed Caption Requests from the drop-down menu, in the upper-left corner.
- Click Manage Profiles in the upper right corner of the admin page.
- Click Add Profile, and give your new profile a name. You can set it up as the default for future requests.
- Select CaptionSync from the provider menu and complete the form as follows:
- Name: Give your profile a name, such as CaptionSync - 1 Day, or something similar.
- Default: Choose whether to set up this profile as default.
- Customer ID: corresponds to your CaptionSync username.
- Customer Secret: is the one provided in your CaptionSync account under Settings -> Warpwire.
- Select the desired turnaround time for this profile, and click Save.
This completes the one-time setup for the CaptionSync profile, and now you're ready to approve any captioning requests for other Warpwire users. Note that you can create more than one CaptionSync profile depending on the preferred turnaround time for your captioning requests.
- You can find more information about creating a Closed Caption Profile in Warpwire's article on Managing Captions with CaptionSync.
Requesting Captioning (Users):
- Open the Media Info page of the media asset you want to request captions for.
- Click the + Add button next to Captions, and select the Request Caption option.
- You will be prompted to a new page to confirm your closed captioning request. Click Create.
If the source language of your media is other than English, check the box next to Source or destination language is not English.
- Once you made your request, you will see a Caption Request successfully submitted message. Click Done.
- Click the View Caption Requests button in the + Add -> Captions page, to check the status of your request.
- Once the captioning results are completed, they will appear on subsequent playbacks automatically, and will be searcheable using the media rich caption search tool.
- During playback, click CC to watch captions being displayed.
- You can find more information about requesting captions for your media in Warpwire's article Requesting Closed Captions.