One-Time Setup (CaptionSync account):
- Log into your CaptionSync account, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for YuJa integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Yuja on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log back into your account, and navigate to Settings -> YuJa. Copy the Shared Secret value to your clipboard, and ensure the "Enabled" box is checked.
One-Time Setup (YuJa account):
- Log into your YuJa account, and navigate to Admin Panel from the Rubik's cube icon in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Integrations, on the left-side navigation panel, and select Captioning - AST CaptionSync from the "Select an API to configure" drop-down menu. Complete the form as follows:
- Partner Type: YuJa
- Customer ID: corresponds to your CaptionSync username.
- Secret ID: is the one provided in your CaptionSync account under Settings -> YuJa.
This completes the one-time setup for the CaptionSync profile, and now you're ready to make new captioning requests.
- Before making new a request from within the YuJa platform, log into your CaptionSync account and go to the Advanced Settings, on the New Captioning Submission page. Under the Caption Appearance tab, enter 1 under Lines per Caption, and click Apply Changes.
- Back in your YuJa account, go to Media Library and open the Details page of the media asset you want to request captions for.
- Under Accessibility, click the Human Caption option, next to Caption Request.
- You will be prompted to a new page to confirm your closed captioning request. Choose CaptionSync as the captioning provider and select the desired turnaround time for the transcript. Click Send Request.
- Once you made your request, you will see a Your closed caption request has been sent to CaptionSync message. Click Close.
- Go back to the Details page -> Accessibility to check the status of your request.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Lists or Status of Submissions.
If we're unable to deliver results into a YuJa account automatically, you'll need to take the .srt file and manually upload it into the YuJa account, by using the Upload option next to Captions, from within Details -> Accessibility.
- Once the captioning results are completed, they will appear on subsequent playbacks automatically. During playback, click CC to watch captions being displayed.