Closed Captioning with CaptionSync allows you to upload batches of files using our AST-Link app. This article shows how to install AST-Link G2.x for Mac.
Video Tutorial (This video is an alternative to the Text Tutorial)
AST-Link is an app which allows you to submit large files, or large groups of files to CaptionSync. AST-Link uses encryption to ensure secure transmission of your content. This tutorial details the steps for installing AST-Link; installation needs to be done only once.
Installing AST-Link G2.x for Mac:
There are two options, depending on whether you had previously installed AST-Link on your computer, or not. Open the section below that matches your case:
If you never installed AST-Link on your computer before...
1. Log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for AST-Link from the Account Feature to Add drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you can't see AST-Link on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, then it's already enabled.
2. Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, download the Mac Installer from the help page in your account and run it. Follow the prompts in the setup program to complete the installation.
3. The first time you run AST-Link G2.x for Mac, you'll see the Setup Wizard:
Give your profile a name, and enter your AST username. Note that your username is the one you use to log into CaptionSync. Make sure it is lowercase.
4. To create a new SSH key, choose New SSH Key Pair.
5. On the next window, click Generate New Key Pair, then Copy to Clipboard.
6. Log into your CaptionSync account, and go to Settings -> SSH Keys. Click Add Another Key to enroll your new key, and paste the key from your clipboard into the New Public Key box; add a name to Note for Key that will allow you to later identify the key. Click Add Key. It will first show a status of Pending; some 5 minutes later it will show Ready. Once it's Ready, you can test the connection.
If you had AST-Link AppleScript installed on your computer...
1. Download the Mac Installer from the help page, in your account, and run it. Follow the prompts in the setup program to complete the installation.
2. The first time you run AST-Link G2.x for Mac, you'll see the Setup Wizard.
3. Give your profile a name, and enter your AST username.
4. If you're running macOS 10.11 or greater you should be able to use your existing key (Existing SSH Key Pair will not be greyed out). Finally, test the connection.
Note: If you're running an earlier version of macOS you'll generate a new key pair via the steps above.
Test the connection:
Once you have configured the app, click Test Connection:
If you see a checkmark beside Test Connection, the app is ready to use. Click Close to launch the app:
If you don't see a checkmark beside Test Connection, verify that the key was properly added to your CaptionSync account, and that the status shows Ready. If this is the case, verify that your firewall is not blocking port 22 or 443. If your IT Department has restricted access to destination port 22 or 443 via your corporate firewall, ask them to unblock one of them, so that you can use AST-Link.
Using AST-Link G2.x for Mac:
See our tutorial on how to use AST-Link G2.x for Mac.
- The AST-Link G2.x for Mac is a brand new version of AST-Link. Please open a ticket to let us know about any issues you find while using it.