Closed Captioning with CaptionSync allows you to upload batches of files using our AST-Link app. This article shows how to configure settings and add new user profiles on AST-Link G2.x for Mac.
Configuring your Profile:
You can configure your profile via ⌘, or Preferences, under the AST-Link menu:
You can set default values for your settings, which will be presented every time you open the app:
Under the Advanced tab, you can configure your SSH settings, the folder where results are saved, and test the connection:
Configuring AST-Link G2.x for Mac for a different Username:
You can add new profiles for other AST users by clicking the "+" symbol in preferences:
Then you need to configure the app for the new user. Open the section below to see how.
Configure AST-Link G2.x for Mac for a new user...
1. Log into the CaptionSync account of the second user, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for AST-Link from the Account Feature to Add drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you can't see AST-Link on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, then it's already enabled.
2. Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, configure the new AST-Link user profile. Give it a name, and enter the AST username of the second user. Make sure it is lowercase.
3. Go to the Advanced tab, under the AST-Link menu -> Preferences ⌘, click Show Public Key, and copy to clipboard. Go back to the CaptionSync account of the second user, and go to Settings -> SSH Keys. Click Add Another Key, and paste the key from your clipboard into the New Public Key window; add a name to Note for Key that will allow you to later identify the key. Click Add Key. It will first show a status of Pending; some 5 minutes later it will show Ready.
4. Once the key shows Ready, you can test the connection. So go back to the AST-Link window, and click Test Connection. If you see a Successfully Connected status, then you can start making requests for the second user.
You can add as many new profiles as necessary.
Using AST-Link G2.x for Mac with a different Username:
Choose a different AST user by selecting the respective profile from the drop-down menu, next to Current Profile:
Deleting a Profile:
You can delete the profile associated with an individual AST user at any time in preferences. Choose the relevant profile from the panel on the left, then click the "-" symbol:
- The AST-Link G2.x for Mac is a brand new version of AST-Link. Please open a ticket to let us know about any issues you find while using it.