Closed Captioning Box videos with CaptionSync is easy. You can request closed captions from your Box account with just a few clicks using our CaptionSync integration. This tutorial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with Box.
- Log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Box Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Box on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
Enabling the integration for a Box account:
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log back into your account, and go to Settings -> Box, and click Associate a new Box account:
- A Send to CaptionSync Box page will be opened, requesting that permission is given to AST to read from, and deliver results into, your Box account. Click Grant access to Box (you will be prompted to log in if you're not already logged into Box):
You'll then see this user listed on Settings -> Box and can start submitting content for captioning. You can add as many Box users as you need.
Submitting Content for Transcription and Captioning:
- Log into your Box account and select the video you wish add captions to.
- Click More Options -> Integrations -> Send to CaptionSync.
Note that you can only submit content in the MP4, M4V, and MP3 format.
- On the next screen, select the desired turnaround time; choose an exisiting persistent note, if available, or add guidance for the transcriber.
- Add a Purchase Order, if you have a Purchase Order account.
- Click Submit.
Viewing the Status of a Request:
Once we have received your request and the captioning process has started, your Box account will display a status file, based on the name of the file, indicating the progress of your request. The status can be either ast-inprocess.txt, or ast-rejected.txt .
When captions are complete, the status file will show as ast-completed.txt . Unless you have disabled email notifications, you will also receive an email from CaptionSync.
Note: The in process or rejected status files will give you the List ID of your submission.
To see the details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Lists -> List ID.
- Log into your CaptionSync account and go to Captioning -> Status of Lists and open the List Details page for your request.
- Generate and/or Launch the Smart Player URL.
- Embed the Smart Player link into an LMS course or a web page.
- If you have a Canvas account, you can use our Canvas LTI Integration to embed Smart Player captioned videos into your Canvas courses.
- The ast-completed.txt status file, is a .vtt caption file that can be downloaded, renamed, and used on some of the most common video platforms. To learn how to associate your caption file with the media visit our article on How to use my Captioning results.