CaptionSync allows you to cancel Transcription-Only, Production Transcript or Transcription-Captioning submissions. This article shows how.
If you need to cancel a transcription, time is of the essence. Once a submission is made, CaptionSync will schedule transcription and notify the transcriber -- usually within a few minutes. You can only cancel a request up until the transcriber starts work; once work is started, it can no longer be cancelled.
Cancelling from the Submission Details page:
- Open the Status of Submissions page. Submissions can only be cancelled if they show the Awaiting Transcription status. Click the AST ID of the submission you wish to cancel:
- Click Cancel and confirm on the next screen:
Note that cancelling a submission can only be done through the CaptionSync website. If you made your submission via AST-Link or any 3rd-party application, you must log in to your CaptionSync account, on the CaptionSync website, in order to access the cancel function.
Cancelling from the Upload page:
- If you made the request via web UI (including List of URLs), there is a cancel link right on the Successful Upload page, which is useful for canceling submissions which are not of the expected duration:
- Captioning-Only requests cannot be cancelled.
- This option is only available to submissions in the state of Awaiting Transcription. Submissions in the Transcription in Progress or Await Review statuses cannot be cancelled.
- If your Transcription-Captioning submission is already in the state of Transcription in Progress, or Await Review, you can try to change it to a Transcription-Only request by following these instructions. This way you avoid being billed for Captioning. But ensure first the submission meets the requirements noted at the end of that article.