CaptionSync allows you to cancel Transcription-Only, Production Transcript or Transcription-Captioning submissions. This article shows how.
If you need to cancel a transcription, time is of the essence. Once a submission is made, CaptionSync will schedule transcription and notify the transcriber -- usually within a few minutes. You can only cancel a request up until the transcriber starts work; once work is started, it can no longer be cancelled.
Cancelling from the Submission Details page:
- Open the Status of Submissions page. Submissions can only be cancelled if they show the Awaiting Transcription status. Click the AST ID of the submission you wish to cancel:
- Click Cancel and confirm on the next screen:
Note that cancelling a submission can only be done through the CaptionSync website. If you made your submission via AST-Link or any 3rd-party application, you must log in to your CaptionSync account, on the CaptionSync website, in order to access the cancel function.
Cancelling from the Upload page:
- If you made the request via web UI (including List of URLs), there is a cancel link right on the Successful Upload page, which is useful for canceling submissions which are not of the expected duration:
- Captioning-Only and Caption file Import requests cannot be cancelled.
- This option is only available to submissions in the state of Awaiting Transcription. Submissions in the Transcription in Progress or Await Review statuses cannot be cancelled.
- If your Transcription-Captioning submission is already in the state of Transcription in Progress, or Await Review, you can try to change it to a Transcription-Only request by following these instructions. This way you avoid being billed for Captioning. But ensure first the submission meets the requirements noted at the end of that article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.