Closed Captioning your files with CaptionSync allows you to submit guidance for the transcribers. This article shows how.
Sending Guidance for the Transcriber:
Use the Guidance for Transcriber feature to send notes and specific instructions for the transcribers, like speaker names, special/technical terminology, the spelling of names, unusual words, names of places, etc.
- On the Submission page, add your notes to the Guidance for Transcriber field:
NOTE: Please do not use the Description field to add guidance for the transcriber.
- We do not accept attachments on the Guidance for Transcriber field. So if you have a file and wish to send it to the transcriber (for example, the script of your movie, or slides with the lecturer's notes), you can make it available online, using services like Google Drive, Dropbox, YouSendIt, etc. Publish the file as "public" and/or "unlisted". Then paste the URL to your file in the Guidance field, and explain what it pertains to.
- Our transcribers identify speaker changes just with a double chevron, e.g.:
>> SpeechIf you wish to have our transcribers identify speakers by name (e.g. >> Pat: Speech), you need to make that request in the Guidance field, at submission time.
- If you wish to have a style guide, or are submitting batches of jobs, or making requests via an integration, you can also use the Persistent Notes to Transcriber feature. The guidance will then be applied to all future requests.
- If you wish to restrict your submission(s) to transcribers with expertise in a specific area, you can use our Transcriber Preference feature.
- If you wish to set a Commonwealth English spelling preference, you can use our Regional Spelling Preference feature.