CaptionSync provides several powerful features for grouping together submissions in a batch. Results can be returned for example when all submissions have been processed; this makes it easier to keep your work organized. This tutorial details how to use these features.
Before you make your request, ensure the List of URLs or AST-Link features have been enabled in your CaptionSync account.
The Batch Identifier serves as a name identifier to group several submissions together.
Batch Submission via List of URLs:
- The List Description field allows you to enter a unique title or a brief description to help you identify the requests in the future. This description must be unique as it will be used as the Batch Identifier.
- Checking the Zip up as Batch box will process a List of URLs request as a batch, and, once all results are ready, these will be emailed as a .zip file:
More information about our List of URLs feature is available in our List of URLs tutorial.
Batch Submission via AST-Link:
Within AST-Link, you can choose the settings for each submission, including sending a group of requests grouped together as a batch.
- In the Batch Identifier field, enter a unique identifier to name a group of submissions. No spaces or special characters are allowed in the Batch Identifier name.
- Alternatively, you can select Take Batch Identifier from Folder Name, in your AST-Link user profile, and then the folder name will be used as the Batch Identifier:
When making batch submissions, you should separate files that require transcription from the ones that already have transcripts, and submit these in two separate batches.
Downloading Batch Results from within AST-Link:
- Once all results for a batch submission are ready, you can download them as a .zip file, under the Fetch Results tab:
Downloading Batch Results via CaptionSync Website:
- Once the batch has been completed, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Batch Status, and click Download Results ZIP, under the State of Batch column:
The Batch History page provides details such as Batch Identifier, In-Process Submissions, Cancel/Reject Submissions, Failed Submissions. The Batch Identifier column allows you to rename the batch or merge two batches together. Note that, if you rename the batch or merge batches, there will be a delay of about 2 minutes to rebuild the batch .zip file.
If the batch contains Cancel/Reject Submissions or Failed Submissions, the Batch Identifier column will display a + icon to the left of the Batch Identifier. Click this icon to expose the list of canceled/rejected or failed submissions.
The Add New Batch Identifier button allows you to create a new batch to move submissions into. The new batch will not show on the Batch History page until there are submissions associated with it. Add submissions to it via the Submission Details page:
If a submission is already associated with a batch, it can be removed or moved to a different batch:
Receiving Batch Results via Email:
To receive batch .zip files via email, go to Settings -> Contact Settings, and ensure you have the Batch Complete box checked, under the Batch section.
To receive a results email for each submission within a Batch, ensure the boxes are checked for AST-Link Batch Submission Successful, AST-Link Batch Submission Failure, List of URLs Batch Submission Failure and List of URLs Batch Submission Successful. These are not checked by default in new accounts.
- This feature is only available for new batches/requests, or, for new requests that are added to existing batches.