CaptionSync allows you to submit Dropbox URLs for Closed Captioning. This article shows how.
Dropbox accounts allow you to store your videos and generate links to them. You can then use these links with our List of URLs feature and get your videos captioned and/or transcribed. This is particularly useful if your media file is large, and other submission methods are not available to you.
Note: If you're going to use our Smart Player feature with the Dropbox URL, please note that only the .mp4, .m4v, .f4v, or .mp3 formats are supported.
- Log into your Dropbox account. If your video is not stored in your Dropbox account already, click the Upload icon:
- Select the video you wish to get captioned/transcribed, and once it is uploaded, click Share (hover over the file for the button to show):
- Then click Create a link:
- Next click Copy link:
- And finally the link will be copied to your clipboard:
- Paste this link into the New List of URLs for Captioning/Transcription page, add the other details, check your settings, and make your request.
NOTE (April 2017): After pasting the URL in the URLs to Caption box, edit the end of the string by replacing dl=0 with dl=1 . You can then make the request.
- You can check the rest of the process in our List of URLs tutorial.