Closed Captioning Vimeo videos is quite easy with CaptionSync. This article shows how to submit a URL to a Vimeo video for captioning.
There are two possible scenarios for Captioning Vimeo videos:
- You own the video. In this case, follow the instructions below to submit the URL, and once results are available, associate the caption file with the Vimeo video.
- You don't own the video. In this case, read these important notes first. If the Vimeo video allows embedding and allows playback as embedded, then follow the instructions below to submit the URL. Once results are available, you can use our Smart Player feature to watch the captions.
Submitting a Vimeo URL:
- Submit your Vimeo URL using our List of URLs feature. Note that Vimeo URLs need to be submitted as Vimeo formats, and must be publicly viewable (you can change a Vimeo video's Privacy Settings, under General -> Privacy -> Who can watch?, by selecting Anyone, and finally clicking Save). E.g.:
- Once you've made the request, the List Details page will show you the URL(s) and their status.
- When results are available, you'll be notified via email.