Closed Captioning Vimeo videos is quite easy with CaptionSync. This article shows how to submit a URL for a Vimeo video for captioning.
There are three possible scenarios for Captioning Vimeo videos:
- You own the video, and you plan to use the Vimeo player to provide captions to viewers. In this case, follow the instructions below to submit the URL, and once results are available, associate the caption file with the Vimeo video.
- You don't own the video. In this case, read these important notes first. If the Vimeo video allows embedding and allows playback as embedded, then follow the instructions below to submit the URL. Once results are available, you can use our Smart Player feature to watch the video with captions (and optionally audio descriptions).
- You have a Vimeo Premium, Business or Pro account, and you plan to use the CaptionSync Smart Player to play the video with captions (and optionally audio descriptions). In this case you'll want to provide us with what Vimeo calls "direct links for third-party players", as described in the second example below.
Submitting a Vimeo URL:
- Submit your Vimeo URL using our List of URLs feature. Note that Vimeo URLs need to be submitted as Vimeo formats, and must be publicly viewable (you can change a Vimeo video's Privacy Settings, under General -> Privacy -> Who can watch?, by selecting Anyone, and finally clicking Save). The URL will look something like this:
- If you are a Vimeo Premium, Business or PRO user, then you should submit the Direct link to video files for third-party players instead. To access this link, go to the video settings, and under Distribution -> Video file links, select the Play the video option. Finally, copy one of the links provided. Here's an example of what the direct links look like:
- When results are available, you'll be notified via email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.