AST is dedicated to producing high quality caption files at a low price. To do this, we make extensive use of automation where it is appropriate and we dedicate our human resources to those tasks that do not automate well (such as generating transcripts). To keep our prices as low as possible, invoicing is one of those tasks that we rely on automation for.
Before the invoice is issued:
- Our invoices are generated automatically based on the jobs submitted and completed during the month. Our system automatically ensures that jobs with redos are only billed once, and that no costs are assessed for rejected submissions.
- If you are using Purchase Order numbers, these are automatically tracked by our system based on the information provided by the user when each submission is made. Our system will automatically generate a separate invoice for each unique Purchase Order number used during the billing period. You can learn more in our Managing Purchase Orders article.
- Before an invoice is generated, a purchase order referenced on submissions can be changed via Caption/Transcribe -> Status of Submissions.
- Address and contact information is pulled from the account records. Before an invoice is generated, the billing information can be changed via Settings -> Manage Organization.
- Line item descriptions on the invoices are pulled from the description data provided by the user when the submission is made. And the job duration data is automatically calculated based on the media file that we received for the submission. If you would need more detail than space provides on the invoice, a tab-delimited text found can be found on the Invoice Details page for the invoice of interest under the Billing tab.
Adding text to the invoice after it is issued:
- You can use the Customer Added feature to include text in your invoice, such as invoicing codes, department name, processing instructions, etc. More information is available in our CaptionSync Invoices: Description and Features article.
Asking us to edit an existing invoice:
In the unlikely event of a billing error, please bring it to our attention so that we can repair the situation. If you want the following changes for an invoice already issued:
- Changing the Purchase Order number, line item descriptions, or other information;
- Splitting an invoice into two or more separate invoices (see Additional Notes below);
- Moving line items from one invoice to another;
then we recommend that you just manually modify the invoice you received from us accordingly. You can just hand-write your changes on a printed copy, or you can use Adobe Acrobat to modify the text on the invoice (in the Tools menu, look for the "Advanced Editing" option). If you absolutely need us to make these changes, then note that such changes will have to be done manually and will be subject to additional charges for manual invoicing.
If you have a postpaid account, and want to have separate invoicing for different submissions, you can use purchase numbers to achieve that. Learn how in our How to get separate Invoices for different Submissions article.