AST DBA Verbit U.S. provides a Closed Captioning Result Review service is recommended for "sweetened" content, like dialog that is mixed with music, noise, and sound-effects, or talk-over, or unclear audio. Result Review employs trained reviewers that use additional sync markers to make captions synchronized with your media file. In this article, we show how to request this service.
Making the Captioning request:
If you have a postpaid account, jump to the section below.
- Log into your account and open the Billing tab. You'll need to purchase credits that correspond to the length of the video(s) and the services required. For example, if your media file is 1 hour, 46 minutes and 24 seconds, you'll need to purchase credits that correspond to 107 minutes of Captioning, 107 minutes of Transcription and 107 minutes of Result Review. So, select Captioning and Transcription, and click Next:
- Then choose the priority for the transcription, select the Result Review service, and enter the number of minutes required. Click Next:
- Finally, click Generate Invoice:
- On the Invoice page, you'll find a link to pay it via Credit Card: Pay Now via Credit Card. Once the invoice is paid, the credits will be added to the balance and you can place your request.
- Go to Caption/Transcribe -> New Captioning Submission, and open the Advanced Settings.
- First, check that you have the correct outputs under Output Types, and the correct language under Language/Content.
- Check Result Review: AST Manually Checks Caption Files. NOTE: If you need to have Result Review performed on all future submissions, or are submitting via AST-Link, or a 3rd-party integration, check Save Above Settings as Default.
- Finally, click Apply Changes:
- On the Submission page, complete all the required fields. Include any relevant guidance for the transcriber in the Guidance for Transcriber field:
- Click Start Upload. Once Captioning results are generated, Result Review will be performed and the status will show Results Being Reviewed.
Result Review is typically completed within one to two business days (can take longer for non-English submissions).
Requesting Result Review for a completed Submission:
If you want to have Result Review performed on a Captioning submission already completed, do the following:
- Open the relevant Submission Details page and click on Have AST review this, and then confirm on the next screen:
- Result Review will be performed and the status will show Results Being Reviewed. Result Review is typically completed within one to two business days (can take longer for non-English submissions).
Retrieving reviewed Results:
- When the review is complete, the status will change to either Success or Failure. You will be emailed the results, with a note These results have been reviewed. You can also download the results from the relevant Details page.
- Result Review is only available for Captioning-Only or Transcription/Captioning requests.
- If you supplied us with a transcript, and it didn't match the audio, then you will be emailed saying that results will not be fixed. But the Result Review fee will still be charged in this case.
- If you need to add Result Review to a submission already in process, please wait for it to complete (Succeeded or Failed) and then follow the instructions in the second section above.
- Result Review only addresses synchronization issues. For caption placement and other special requirements, you should use our Cinema Certified Result Review service.
- We strongly recommend that you request Transcription for your media file, even if you have a transcript available, since our transcribers are trained to generate formatted transcripts, optimized to work with our automated system. You can submit your existing transcript as Guidance for the Transcriber.
- Result Review is an extra-cost service. You can see pricing in the Supplementary services price sheet, on the help main page, in your account.
Our standard process of generating caption files normally needs no manual intervention for content that is mainly dialog. We are able to produce nearly perfect caption files with remarkable speed and accuracy. However, content that is highly sweetened (dialog that is mixed with music, noise, and sound-effects), or content that has a lot of talk-over (multiple speakers talking at the same time), or is unclear (poor quality, interference), needs some manual intervention. Our Result Review process employs trained reviewers to provide this extra manual assistance, by adding additional sync markers to make captions synchronized with your media file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.