If the Status of your submission shows Failed, this means that our automated system wasn't able to generate results automatically, and manual intervention is required. There are two different scenarios to consider:
1. We provided the Transcript - Transcription-Captioning, Transcription-Only, Production Transcript, Translation, and Audio Description requests:
In this case, we automatically route the submission to our reviewers to get repaired, and results are generated as soon as possible. No intervention from the user is required, but we may need to contact you for more details about the guidance, the audio content, etc.
Please do not use the Redo feature while a request is being repaired (Failed status). Wait until results are generated, and then you can edit them.
2. You provided the Transcript - Captioning-Only requests:
In this case, you'll need to repair your transcript, and then resubmit it using the Redo feature. First, you should check the following:
- You are not uploading a modified caption file (e.g. .srt).
- You are uploading a plain .txt file, not a .doc, .rtf or .pdf.
- The transcript you uploaded matches the audio content in the media file -- please ensure there is no extra text, or missing text, in your transcript.
- The sync markers match the timeline in the media file.
- The sync markers are correctly formatted, and in the right order.
- If your audio content is of poor quality, try to submit another copy of the media file with improved audio.
If none of the tips above help, you'll need to include additional sync markers in the transcript to ensure synchronization. Complete documentation on transcription formatting and markers is available in our Transcription Guidelines article. More information about our formatting guidelines is available in our Sync Marker Summary, Caption Results Not in Sync and Getting Sync Markers to Work articles. After you have marked up the transcript, you can resubmit it using the Redo feature.
If you prefer that AST review and repair your submission, you can use our Result Review service. When you request Result Review, our team will review the synchronization results and add the necessary markers. Please note that Result Review is a service with an extra cost. You can see pricing in the Supplementary services price sheet pdf, on the help page, in your account.
- Please note that a failed Captioning-Only submission is not billable. The submission becomes billable if you repair it via a Redo, or request Result Review (i.e., captioning results are generated).
- If you receive error messages or warnings when reuploading the transcript, check out this article with troubleshooting tips.