Closed Captioning ShareStream videos with CaptionSync is easy using our integration. This tutorial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with ShareStream.
- Provide ShareStream Support (email@example.com) with your CaptionSync username, and ask them to configure your account for the CaptionSync captioning integration and supply you with an SSH key.
- Log into your CaptionSync account and go to Settings -> Account Features. Select Enable my account for ShareStream integration and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you can't see ShareStream on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, then it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, and you have the SSH key provided by ShareStream Support, log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> SSH Keys and click Add Another Key. Paste the SSH key into New Public Key, add a Note for Key (e.g. ShareStream), and click Add Key. The status initially shows as Pending, but changes to Ready within 5 minutes (reload the page).
- Log into your ShareStream account, and from the Asset list choose the media you wish to add closed captions to. Right-click on that asset, and then choose Add Captions from the context menu:
- To send a Transcription-Captioning request to CaptionSync, click Send to Automatic Sync:
The rest of the captioning process is automatic. The media will get sent to your AST CaptionSync account, and the caption output file will be sent back to your ShareStream system within the designated turnaround time. Once your media files are captioned they will show the CC label next to Title:
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the ShareStream ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of the https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?sstr_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from ShareStream. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.