Closed Captioning Mediasite videos with CaptionSync is easy using our integration. This tutorial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with Mediasite 6.
This tutorial describes how to set up the CaptionSync integration with a Mediasite 6.x system; see our other tutorial for Mediasite 7.x.
- Log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Mediasite Integration from the drop-down menu, and click the Request Account Feature button. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Mediasite on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log into the Mediasite account and add a Captioning Provider Profile to the folder containing your presentations. So open the folder and click Add New. From the drop-down menu, select Encoding Setting:
- In the Add Encoding Setting page, enter a name, like AST, and from the Content Type drop-down menu select Caption Provider Profile. From the Template drop-down menu, select AST, and on the Username field enter your CaptionSync ID. Finally, make sure the Generate New Key option is selected on the Encryption Key menu. Click Save to add this profile to your account and generate a new key:
- The new key can be seen by clicking on the Show Encryption Key link. Select the key and copy it to your clipboard:
- Now log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> SSH Keys and click Add Another Key. Paste the SSH key into New Public Key, add a Note for Key (e.g. Mediasite), and click Add Key. The status initially shows as Pending, but changes to Ready within 5 minutes (reload the page).
Now the setup is complete and you can submit your presentations for captioning.
Requesting Captioning and Transcription for all presentations in a folder:
- To caption all existing and future presentations in a folder to which you added the Captioning profile, right-click the folder, and select Manage Content. In the Manage Content dialog box, click Select Content Type, and then click Captioning:
- Next click Select Caption Provider, and then Find Existing. Select AST and click Add Selected -> Enable. All existing and future presentations in this folder will have a transcription and captioning request sent to AST as soon as the media files are available on the Mediasite account.
You can see all the details of an individual request in your CaptionSync account, by clicking the Provider Status link:
Requesting Captioning and Transcription for individual presentations:
- To caption and transcribe an individual presentation, open the presentation and click the Disabled link, under Captioning:
- On the Configuration dialog box, check Presentation Captioning Enabled. Next click Select Caption Provider, and then Find Existing. Select AST and click Add Selected. If you wish to request 1-Day Transcription, check the Rush Job box. Finally, click Save:
The transcription and captioning request will be sent to AST. If the Captioning field shows Submitted then the request was already sent to AST. You can see all the details of an individual request in your CaptionSync account, by clicking the Provider Status link.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the Mediasite ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of the https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?ms_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.
As soon as results are completed, you will see the Completed Status on your Mediasite account, and captions will appear on subsequent playbacks automatically. Launch the player by clicking Watch, and then click CC:
The player offers other useful tools, like the Search tool, which allows you to search the text of the media. If you type in a word or phrase that you want to find the player will instantly find all instances of the search phrase, and if you click on any one of them the player will bring you immediately to that segment in the recording.
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from Mediasite. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.