Closed Captioning Mediasite videos with CaptionSync is easy using our integration. This tutorial describes how to set up CaptionSync's integration with Mediasite 7.
This tutorial describes how to set up the CaptionSync integration with a Mediasite 7.x system; see our other tutorial for Mediasite 6.x.
- Log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Mediasite Integration from the drop-down menu, and click the Request Account Feature button. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Mediasite on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log into the Mediasite account and add a new Audio Transcription Profile to your Mediasite system. Go to Settings -> Audio Transcription Profiles, and click Add New:
- In the Add Audio Transcription Profile page, enter a name, like CaptionSync, and a description, like "Captioning and Transcription". From the Template drop-down menu, select Automatic Sync Technologies. On the Username field, enter your CaptionSync ID. Finally, make sure the Generate New Key option is selected on the Encryption Key menu. Click Add to add this profile to your account and generate a new key:
- A new page will show, where the new key is listed. Select the key and copy it to your clipboard:
- Now log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> SSH Keys and click Add Another Key. Paste the SSH key into New Public Key, add a Note for Key (e.g. Mediasite), and click Add Key. The status initially shows as Pending, but changes to Ready within 5 minutes (reload the page).
- Go back to your Mediasite system, and open the Edit tab. Click Test. If the connection is successful, click Save:
Now the setup is complete and you can submit your presentations for captioning.
Requesting Captioning and Transcription for presentations not yet recorded:
Open the respective Template or Schedule and click Edit -> Add Delivery. Check Audio Transcriptions, and, from the drop-down menu, select the Audio Transcription Profile you saved earlier. Finally click Save.
To request 1-Day Transcription, check the Request Rush Processing box too.
Requesting Captioning and Transcription for all presentations in a folder:
- Right-click the folder, select Manage Content -> Add Delivery:
- Check Audio Transcriptions, and, from the drop-down menu, select the Audio Transcription Profile you saved earlier. Finally click Save:
All existing presentations in the folder will have a Transcription and Captioning request sent to AST.
- To request 1-Day Transcription, check the Request Rush Processing box too:
Requesting Captioning and Transcription for individual presentations:
- On the presentation’s summary page, click Manage Content, and then select Add Delivery:
- Check Audio Transcriptions, and, from the drop-down menu, select the Audio Transcription Profile you saved earlier. Finally click Save (see the second picture in the previous section). The Transcription and Captioning request will be sent to AST.
- To request 1-Day Transcription, check the Request Rush Processing box too (see the last picture in the previous section). A 1-Day Transcription and Captioning request will be sent to AST.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the Mediasite ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of the https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?ms_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.
As soon as results are completed, you will see the caption file listed for the presentation in your Mediasite system under Summary -> Delivery Audio -> Audio Transcriptions, and captions will appear on subsequent playbacks automatically. Launch the player by clicking Watch, and then click CC:
To see captions displayed below the video, you can choose another player under Summary -> Edit -> Player, like the "Mediasite - Full Experience" template:
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from Mediasite. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.