If your Kaltura system is already integrated with one CaptionSync account, and you're looking to enable the integration for another account, please read this article about configuring the Kaltura integration instead.
- Log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Kaltura Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Kaltura on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log into the Kaltura KMC and go to Settings -> Integration Settings to copy the Partner ID and Administrator Secret.
- Log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Kaltura, paste the Partner ID and Administrator Secret into the appropriate fields and click Automatically Set Up:
- Log into the Kaltura KMC, go to Content -> Entries, select all the videos you wish to have captioned, and, at the top of the screen, click More Actions -> Add/Remove Categories -> Add To Categories. From the Categories popup window, scroll to CaptionSync, select the Requested category, and then click Apply:
Viewing the Status of the Request:
Go to Content -> Entries and toggle between the Requested, In Process, and Complete categories. CaptionSync checks for caption requests periodically, so there is some delay, but when the category is changed to In Process, work has begun.
When captions are complete (with results on Kaltura), the status will change to Complete. Unless you have disabled email notifications, you will also receive an email from CaptionSync.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the Kaltura ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?ka_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.
Once captions are associated with a video, you can turn captions on/off in any of Kaltura's accessible players. Two common player templates for captions are Captions for Accessibility and Captions Over Video.
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from Kaltura. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.
- To enable the integration for more than one account, or make expedited transcription requests from your Kaltura system, read this article about configuring the Kaltura integration for more than one CaptionSync account.
- You can also submit URLs to media files located on Kaltura, in your CaptionSync account, after you have configured the integration, instead of placing the requests from within Kaltura.
- The above tutorial covers the integration between CaptionSync and the commercially licensed Kaltura editions (SaaS, On-Prem, and Cloud Editions). The integration between CaptionSync and the Kaltura Community Edition (the free and open-source self-hosted version) is untested. However, the steps/settings below should work with Kaltura CE v5.0 or higher.
- Alternatively, you can manually set up the Kaltura parameters as described here.