Closed Captioning YouTube videos with CaptionSync is easy. To have your YouTube videos captioned, you just need to follow the instructions in our Captioning Your own YouTube Videos article or Captioning Someone Else's YouTube Videos article.
Currently, YouTube supports the following caption file formats provided by CaptionSync:
- .srt - SubRip
- .scc - Scenarist Closed Caption
- .smi - Synchronized Accessible Media Interchange
- .dfxp - Distribution Format Exchange Profile
- .lrc - For lyrics
- .rt - RealText
- .cap - Cheetah binary captions
- .asc - Cheetah text captions
We also have an article where we describe some known issues and tips regarding YouTube's Captioning feature.