Closed Captioning large files is possible with CaptionSync. This article shows how.
A really large media file (> 2 GB) can be difficult to upload, as it mainly depends on your Internet connection, and/or how your hosted Video Platform account is configured (size or time constraints). We don't need the full-sized, full-resolution video unless you're going to request Video Encoding or Audio Description.
Converting or compressing the original media file:
If you're not interested in Video Encoding or Audio Description for you video, we strongly recommend that you submit a proxy file, using a Converter to make a smaller version of your media file. You can submit just an audio version of the file (like MP3), or some other compressed video or audio format.
Submitting a large file (> 2 GB):
If you require Video Encoding or Audio Description for you media file, or do not want to transcode it to a new format, then you can submit it using one of the following methods:
- Place your media files in an online platform, like YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox, and then use our List of URLs feature to submit them. NOTE: If you require Video Encoding for your media file, submitting it from YouTube or Vimeo is not possible.
- Place your media files in Google Drive and use our Google Drive integration to submit them. When you get the files uploaded onto that online platform, you can make the Captioning requests directly from your Google Drive. Note: this method is only available for files in the MP4, M4V, or MP3 format. To transcode other formats into MP4, M4V, or MP3, you can use a converter.
- Place your media files in Box and use our Box integration to submit them. When you get the files uploaded onto that online platform, you can make the Captioning requests directly from your Box account.
- Another option is to use our AST-Link feature for Windows or Mac. Both use secure SFTP to submit batches of files. Some setup is required, but then it remains part of your account. More information is available in our AST-Link section.
- Send in your input file using physical media, instead of uploading the files into our servers. Contact us if you prefer this option, so that we can learn more details about your files, and then advise you on how to proceed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.