- Provide NCast Support with your CaptionSync username, and ask them to configure your account for the CaptionSync captioning integration and supply you with an SSH key.
- In the meantime, log into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for NCast Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see NCast on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, and you have the SSH key provided by NCast Support, log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> SSH Keys and click Add Another Key. Paste the SSH key into New Public Key, add a Note for Key (e.g. NCast), and click Add Key. The status initially shows as Pending, but changes to Ready within 5 minutes (reload the page).
- Log into your NCast system, and open the Episodes tab. Select the recording(s) you wish to have captioned, and choose Batch Workflow Application -> Send to captioning service. Click Apply to Selected. A request for transcription and captioning will now be sent to AST.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions.
You can also see the status of the request for each individual recording if you click its Details link, in your NCast account:
- To see the captions playing, you'll still need to publish your NCast recordings. Select the already captioned recording(s), and choose Batch Workflow Application -> Publish. Click Apply to Selected:
- Finally, launch the player by clicking Play:
- To watch captions being displayed, click the CC icon:
- If you have a Purchase Order account, a valid Purchase Order needs to be set before you make any requests from NCast. If there isn’t a default Purchase Order set, the most recent valid one will be used. If there aren’t any valid Purchase Orders, all captioning requests will be rejected.
- If you need to make any changes to the captions, login to your CaptionSync account to use our Redo feature. Note that NCast will not retrieve the Redo results if the original submission was successful; NCast only picks up Redo results if the original submission failed. So you will need to download the caption file from CaptionSync and manually upload it to the media in your NCast account.