CaptionSync's Translation Redo feature provides users with a simple and fast mechanism to rerun Translation submissions. This feature allows you to make text changes, correct timing, and issue new results.
The Redo feature is available for 1 year after your initial media submission. This tutorial will walk you through the procedure for issuing a Translation Redo.
Submitting a Translation Redo:
- Log into CaptionSync and go to Translate -> Status of Translations. Click the AST ID link for the submission you want to Redo. The Eligible for Redo field will show if the submission is eligible for a Redo.
- Download the existing translated transcript, by the Text Transcript field. When editing it, please note the following:
- The transcript can only contain characters that are representable in ANSI. This means:
- The transcript file must be edited in a machine running on Windows, on Word or Notepad.
- The transcript file must be saved in a machine running on Windows, on Word or Notepad.
- The transcript file needs to be saved as ANSI (also called Western European Windows in some editors).
- The timing for the translated results is based upon the original captions. If you wish to make timing changes to the translated captions (for example, because you uploaded your own translated transcript and there are captions out of sync), learn how in our Editing and Repairing your Translated Results article.
- Ensure you follow our translated transcripts guidelines, namely: the number of segments in the original transcript and the translated transcript must match. A segment is a section of the transcript starting either with a speaker ID (>>) or a standalone parenthetical (e.g., [ Comment ]).
- Choose Click here to Redo. On the Translation Captions Redo screen, upload the revised translated transcript, and click Submit Redo:
The translation process is quick because there is no new media file being uploaded. You’ll see the Translation Redo Status screen right away, and your results email will arrive in just a few minutes.
You can retrieve the new results from your results email, or go to the Status of Translations page in your account and select the new redo submission to download the files from the details page.
Some things to consider when using Translation Redo:
- This feature doesn't allow you to change the original transcript. So ensure you're happy with the original results before requesting Translation and/or Translated Captions.
- This feature is available for 1 year after your initial media submission, at no additional cost.
- You may run as many redos as you need to for a given submission, but you cannot redo a redo. Therefore, if you want to preserve transcript changes made in previous redos, start with the transcript submitted for your last redo.
- If you're fixing a failed Translation submission, where you provided the translated transcript, and your account is prepaid, ensure you have enough credits before you submit your Redo.