If you're making a Transcription-Captioning batch request (via AST-Link or List of URLs), and want to upload all your reviewed transcripts at once, do the following:
- Before submitting your batch, ensure the Customer Reviews Transcript Before Captioning box, under the Advanced Settings is checked:
- Then proceed with submitting your batch via AST-Link (Windows or Mac) or List of URLs. Detailed instructions on how to make batch requests are available in each tutorial.
Once the transcripts are available, you will be prompted to review them. You can either download the .zip file containing all the transcripts from the Results Email; or you can log into your CaptionSync account and download it from the Batch Status page:
- Edit the transcripts in a text editor (Word, Notepad, TextEdit). Ensure you save the transcripts as a plain. txt file; don't delete any the sync markers (e.g. ^M, ^E or ^B); and the text matches the audio content. If your transcript is not in English, then please save it as UTF-8. Do not change the transcripts' filenames!
- Compress all the reviewed transcripts into one .zip file (do not zip up a folder, rather just the files) and upload it on the Batch Status page, choosing Upload Reviewed Transcripts ZIP. Final Captioning results will be available soon.
- The .zip file containing results will be emailed to you, and can also be downloaded from the Batch Status page:
- The transcript can be accepted/reviewed up until being 150 days in Await Review status.
- For large system-wide prepurchases with campus usage reports, the transcript can be accepted/reviewed up until being 7 days in Await Review status.
Please sign in to leave a comment.