This article guides you on how to change the start timecode for your broadcast outputs. This is particularly useful if you're experiencing problems embedding caption files or subtitles onto your media, because the media has a different start timecode (e.g.: the media starts at timecode 01:00:00, but the captions start at time 00:00:00).
Setting the Offset Timecode:
- If making a new submission, just click the Advanced Settings, on the New Captioning Submission page; if making a Redo, go to Status of Submissions, and click the AST ID link for the request you want to Redo. Choose Click here to Redo and click the Advanced Settings.
- From the Broadcast tab, enter the value next to Offset Timecode:
- Click the Apply Changes button; or Apply Changes to Redo button, if making a Redo. When you have all the options set up, make your request; or click the Submit Redo button, if making a Redo.
- We do not take timecodes from the media file. We will only apply the Offset value, in an automated way, set under the Advanced Settings.
- If you're using the Redo feature, and need to make other changes, you should follow the instructions available at our complete tutorial on the Redo feature.