Captioning your own Facebook videos is easy with CaptionSync. Facebook provides a mechanism for video owners to upload a caption file along with their video file. The caption file can be added at any time. This tutorial shows how this is done.
Adding Closed Captions to your Video:
- Submit your video for Captioning in your CaptionSync account. Once results become available, download the .srt caption file.
- Log into your Facebook account and upload the video as you normally would. Click Post.
- When the video is ready, it will show on the Timeline. Hover over the video, click Options, and then Edit This Video:
- Click Choose File to browse for the .srt file you just downloaded from CaptionSync. Finally click Save.
- To watch captions being displayed, hover over the Settings icon and check the Captions box:
You can add multiple caption files to each video. If you need captions in other languages, check out our Translation service.