Released January 2016, the Brightcove Studio v5.0.9 includes some major improvements to the Brightcove Player. The new Brightcove Player now allow users to upload a .VTT caption file to their media files. This tutorial describes how to use CaptionSync's .2014.VTT caption file with the new Brightcove Player.
NOTE: If you use our Brightcove Video Cloud integration, you can make requests directly from within your Brightcove Studio account, and we will post the caption files directly into your Brightcove Studio system.
Displaying Captions during Playback:
1. Download the .2014.VTT caption file from your CaptionSync account.
2. Log into your Brightcove account and click on the Media tab. From your list of media files, click on the name of the file you wish to play.
3. In the Brightcove Player settings window, scroll down to the Text Tracks section and then click the Edit button.
4. Click the Add Text Track button, then click Browse and browse for the .2014.vtt file you downloaded from CaptionSync.
5. Enter appropriate values for the Language, Label and Kind fields. Select the Default checkbox if you wish to use that file as the default captioning.
6. Click the Add Text Track button to proceed. Repeat steps 4-6 if you need to upload multiple caption files in different languages.
7. Click the Save button.
8. In the Brightcove Player settings window, click the Publish link to launch the Brightcove Player.
9. Finally, click CC and Play to display captions during playback.
- The new Brightcove Player will only display captions if the media is published.