Wistia is a professional video hosting platform that also provides analytics and video marketing tools to users. This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to submit Wistia videos for captioning and associate captions with the videos.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- Log into CaptionSync, and go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the SRT format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your Wistia video.
If you used Wistia to record your video, you will need to download the .MP4 video file. Log into Wistia, click on the video and go to Video Actions -> Download:
- Once results are available, download the .srt file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into Wistia:
- Log into your Wistia account and go to Project -> Project Actions -> Upload, to upload your video to Wistia. If you used Wistia to record your video, go directly to the video file.
- Click on the video to open up the video settings. Go to Video Actions -> Customize, then click on Captions -> Upload and browse for the .SRT file downloaded from CaptionSync.
If you have multiple .SRT caption files in different languages, repeat this step to upload them to Wistia.
- Click Edit to edit the caption file, if needed. Select whether captions should be displayed on or off by default; then finally, click Save to save the changes:
- Click on the CC player control icon and select the caption language. Play the video to see captions being displayed during playback:
- Finally, use any of the Wistia Share options to share the video with your audience:
More information about adding and configuring Closed Captions on Wistia videos is available in their Support's article.