Squeeze Pro is a video encoding tool that allows users to embed the SCC format into a MPEG stream file, either as CEA-608 or 708. This tutorial describes how to add CEA-608/708 closed captions to video using Squeeze Pro and an SCC output file from CaptionSync.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- In your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the SCC format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your video.
- Once results are available, download the .scc file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Embedding the Captions in Squeeze Pro:
- On Squeeze Pro, import the source media video file, and right-click it. Choose Link Captions...:
- Select the .scc file. Apply a MPEG-TS H.264 preset, such as "TS_h264_29.97_720p," to the source file.
- Finally, click Squeeze It!.
More information is available in Sorenson Media Support's tutorial on this topic.