Limelight is a content delivery network (CDN) service provider that enables organizations to deliver high-quality digital content such as media files, software, and documents to any device over the internet. This tutorial shows how to add Closed Captions to Limelight videos.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- Limelight supports the DFXP captioning format. So, in your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the DFXP format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your video.
- Once results are available, download the .dfxp file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into Limelight:
- Log into your Limelight account, and click Media tab -> Upload Media to upload your video:
- With the video uploaded and a Ready status, go to Media Properties -> Closed Caption File and then click Upload to browse for the .DFXP caption file:
- Once a caption file is uploaded to a media, the Limelight player will automatically display the closed caption icon on the screen, during playback.
Please note that the player preview within the Player Builder will not display a sample of your caption settings. You must generate an embed code for your player to evaluate the result of the settings.
More information about Closed Captioning with Limelight, including changing caption appearance settings like color, font and font size, can be found at Limelight's Closed Captioning Guide.