Adding Closed Captions to your Cattura videos is easy with CaptionSync. Cattura is a lecture capture and video management platform that provides open video solutions for K-12 to Higher Education classrooms. Cattura's Learning Engine allows users to import and export videos from YouTube, Vimeo or Google Drive. This tutorial shows how to submit and caption YouTube and Vimeo videos before importing them into Cattura.
Submitting YouTube videos:
To import a YouTube video to Cattura, you must be the owner of the video. If you would like to use someone else's YouTube video, you will need to get permission from the owner to download the video and upload it to your own YouTube channel.
- Follow the instructions in our List of URLs tutorial to submit the YouTube URL to your video. Once results are available, upload the .srt file against the YouTube video.
- If you prefer to have the caption file pushed back into your YouTube's account automatically, follow the instructions in our YouTube integration tutorial instead.
Submitting Vimeo videos:
- Follow the instructions in our List of URLs tutorial to submit the Vimeo URL to your video. Once results are available, upload the .smi file against the Vimeo video.
Importing captioned videos into Cattura's Learning Engine:
- Log into your Cattura's Learning Engine, and click New, on the top panel. Then select either the YouTube Video or Vimeo Video options:
- Choosing YouTube will bring up Google's login page; while choosing Vimeo will bring up the Vimeo login page. After logging in, Vimeo will bring up a menu that will ask about the permissions you are willing to give to Cattura:
- A list of all your Liked Videos, Uploads, History, and Watch Later videos will be displayed. Select the video(s) you just captioned and that you want to import to Cattura. Then click Import.
- Once the video(s) are imported, go to the Administration section of your Learning Management Systems platform. Add the uploaded video(s) to a new or existing course.
- Finally, publish the course to the students.
More information about importing videos into Cattura's Learning Engine is provided in their Support article on this topic.