Adding Closed Captions to your Ooyala videos is easy with CaptionSync. Ooyala is a video content delivery platform with real-time analytics that enables organizations to deliver high-quality digital content over the internet. This tutorial shows how to add Closed Captions to Ooyala videos.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- Ooyala supports the DFXP captioning format. So, in your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the DFXP format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your Ooyala video.
- Once results are available, download the .dfxp file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Ooyala also provides a Closed Caption validator tool, which allows users to check the format of the DFXP caption file.
Importing the Captions into Ooyala:
- Log into your Backlot account, click Manage -> Content Types on the left panel, and then click Video.
- Select the video you wish to add Closed Captions to, and then open the Details tab.
- Scroll to the Closed Captions section, and then click Upload to browse for the DFXP caption file. The captions will then be associated with the video.
- The Ooyala player will automatically display the Closed Caption icon on the screen, during playback. To watch the captions being displayed, click .
More information about configuring Closed Captions on Ooyala's Player V4 is provided in their support article.