Adding Closed Captions to your Viostream videos is easy with CaptionSync. Viostream is a professional video hosting platform that simplifies the sourcing, management, and distribution of video content for live or on-demand video streaming. This tutorial shows how to add Closed Captions to Viostream videos.
Submit your video for Captioning:
- Log into CaptionSync and go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the .SRT output is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your Viostream video.
- Once results are available, download the .srt file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into Viostream:
- Log into your Viostream account and go to Media Asset Details -> Accessibility.
- Click Upload Captions and browse for the .SRT caption file. Once the caption file has been loaded into Viostream, it will be displayed under Captions. You can add multiple closed caption files for different languages.
- Click on the caption file to edit the caption Title and ISO Language code:
- The Viostream player will automatically display the Closed Caption icon on the screen, during playback. To turn captions on, click CC and select the caption language:
- Viostream currently supports .SRT, .VTT and .SCC captioning formats.
- You can find a list of ISO 639-1 Language codes in this HTML ISO Language Code Reference article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.