CaptionSync's Description Redo feature provides users with a simple and fast mechanism to rerun Description jobs. This feature allows you to make text changes, correct timing, and issue new results.
The Redo feature is available for 1 year after your initial media submission. This tutorial will walk you through the procedure for issuing a Description Redo.
Submitting a Description Redo:
- Log into CaptionSync and go to Describe -> Status of Audio Descriptions. Click the AST ID link for the job you want to Redo. The Eligible for Redo field will show if the submission is eligible for a Redo.
- Choose Click here to Redo. On the Audio Description Redo screen, download the existing description, by the Original Description field. When editing it, please note the following:
- If you wish to make timing changes to the description text, do not remove the markers (e.g., ^00:05:43). You can change their timing by editing the timestamps, e.g., change ^00:05:43 to ^00:05:42.
- The described text can only contain markers in the ^HH:MM:SS.xxx format, where xxx is milliseconds and is optional. E.g., ^00:05:43 or ^00:02:19.500.
- Please save the description text file as UTF-8.
- Once the description is edited, upload the revised text file, and click Submit Redo.
The Description Redo process is quick because there is no new media file being uploaded. You'll see the Description Redo Status screen right away, and your results email will arrive in just a few minutes.
You can retrieve the new results from your results email, or go to the Status of Audio Descriptions page in your account and select the new redo job to download the files from the details page.
Some things to consider when using Description Redo:
- This feature is available for 1 year after your initial media submission, at no additional cost.
- You may run as many redos as you need to for a given job, but you cannot redo a redo. Therefore, if you want to preserve text changes made in previous redos, start with the description submitted for your last redo.