Using the Panopto integration with more than one CaptionSync user allows you to separate billing departments, languages, or transcription turnaround times.
Once you have enabled the integration for the first account, complete the following steps:
- If you don't already have a second CaptionSync account, then create a new CaptionSync user via Settings -> Manage Users.
- Log into CaptionSync with the second user, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Panopto Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Panopto on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, log into your Panopto system as administrator, go to System, and open the Caption Services tab. In there, you should see the existing integration listed. So click New, to create the new integration:
- On the Create Caption Service dialog box, select AST CaptionSync next to Provider and SLA:
- Next to Service Name, enter a name that will distinguish this integration from the existing one.
- Under Account Information, enter you CaptionSync user ID (this is the same username you use to log into your CaptionSync account) next to User.
- Keep the Panopto tab open in your browser. You will now need to generate and add a key to Panopto and CaptionSync to set up the new integration.
- Download and install PuTTY. When the installation is complete, select and open the PuTTY Gen application.
- Set the Parameters by selecting the DSA radio button, and enter 2048 for the number of bits. Click Generate and the Key generation will begin.
- When the Key generation is complete, save the Private part of your key on your local computer using the Save Private Key button. Do not assign a passphrase to this key. Make sure you save this key in a secure location and make a note of where you save it (you will need to know this in a moment). You may name your key file Panopto.ppk, for clarity.
- Back in the PuTTY Gen window, the public key text appears in the upper pane on the window -- select all of it and copy it to your clipboard.
- Now, you can enroll your public key in CaptionSync. Log into the second CaptionSync account and go to Settings -> SSH Keys -> Add Another Key. Paste the key from your clipboard into the new key window; add a description to Note that will allow you to later identify the key. Click Add Key.
- Once the key is added to your CaptionSync account, it will initially show a status of Pending, but changes to Ready within 5 minutes (reload the page).
- Once the key status show Ready, you'll need to add it in Panopto. Open the .ppk file, copy its whole content and paste it into the Private Key field, on the same Panopto Create Caption Service dialog box from above.
- Select the options applicable to your case under Service Options. Finally, click Submit Query. You should then see the second integration listed under the Caption Services tab.
To start using the new integration, follow the steps detailed in our tutorial: making requests for entire folders; or for individual presentations. When selecting the service, ensure you choose the new integration from the drop-down menu.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the Panopto ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of the https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?p_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.