This tutorial describes the simplest Captioning workflow in our system, where we provide you with the transcript and the captions, and where you just need side-car caption files, like an .srt format.
Making a Transcription-Captioning submission:
- Open the New Captioning Submission page:
- If your account requires a Purchase Order number, you will need to enter one by Purchase Order.
- In the Description field, put the title, or a brief description. Note that this description is just for your use, as nobody will be reading this.
- On the Transcription field, select the Transcription Turnaround time. You can also expand Add Transcriber Guidance to add pertinent information for the transcriber, like asking that the different speakers are identified, or making specific terminology available. Note that if you need to have the speakers identified, you need to make that request via Guidance, when making your submission.
- Next, browse for your media. Check out which input media file formats we accept.
- Open the Advanced Settings and check that they are correct. Some of the most common outputs are selected as default, when accounts are created, like the .srt format, under the Output Types tab. If your media is not in English, ensure you choose the appropriate language setting under the Language/Content tab.
- Finally, click Start Upload. Ensure you keep the browser window open, up until the upload is complete.
- Once you see the Success screen, click on Status of Submissions, and check the duration to see if it's correct. If the duration is not correct, cancel the request immediately.
- Results will be emailed to you and they can also be downloaded from the Details page. You can also see the appearance settings and billing information for your request.
- For detailed information about using our system and making requests, please see our Getting Started tutorials: Prepaid accounts or Postpaid accounts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.