Closed Captioning Brightcove Studio videos is easy using our integration. This tutorial describes how to set up multiple CaptionSync accounts with Brightcove Studio.
Using the Brightcove Video Cloud integration with more than one CaptionSync user allows you to separate billing departments, languages, or transcription turnaround times.
Once you have enabled and configured the integration for the first account, complete the following steps:
- If you don't already have a second CaptionSync account, then create a new CaptionSync user via Settings -> Manage Users.
- Log into CaptionSync with the second user, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Brightcove Video Cloud Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Brightcove on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once the feature is enabled, log back into your account, and navigate to Settings -> Brightcove Video Cloud. Keep this page open.
- On a separate tab, log into your Brightcove account and go to Admin -> Account Information. Copy the Account number and paste it into the Brightcove Account ID field, in your CaptionSync account, Brightcove Video Cloud Settings page.
- In your Brightcove account, go to Admin -> API Authentication. Click Register New Application. On the next screen, do the following:
- Enter a Name for the integration, different than the one used for the first account, like CaptionSync integration user2, and a Short Description.
- Under Available Accounts, choose the name of your account with Brightcove, and add it to the Selected Accounts box.
- Under Exposed Brightcove APIs, check all the boxes under CMS and under Dynamic Ingest.
- Click Save. Don't navigate away from this screen.
- Two values were exposed in your Brightcove system: the Client ID and the Client Secret:
NOTE: The Client Secret is only exposed once, so make sure you save it in a secure location or in your CaptionSync account (as described next).
You'll need to copy those 2 values into your CaptionSync account, Brightcove Video Cloud Settings page. So:
- Highlight the Client ID, press Control/Command-C, and paste it into the Brightcove Client ID field.
- Then highlight the Client Secret, press Control/Command-C, and paste into the Brightcove Client Secret field.
- Finally, you can click OK, I copied it.
- In the Brightcove Video Cloud Settings page, enter a different value in the Tag to Monitor field, to differentiate from the requests that are sent to each of the CaptionSync accounts. Like, ast-requested-user2, or ast-requested-rush, etc. NOTE: This is the tag the second user will have to add in the Video Information panel, under Tags, in the Brightcove system, when requesting captions.
- Finally, click Update Settings:
To start using the new integration, follow the steps detailed in our tutorial. When adding the tag in the Video Information panel, under Tags, ensure you use the tag for the new integration.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the Panopto ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of the https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?p_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.
Please sign in to leave a comment.