Version 5.2.1 of the CaptionSync Smart Player was deployed on January 7, 2020. Here's what's new:
- Updated labels and tooltips for better assistive technology compatibility.
- Adjusted button alignment for mobile devices in portrait mode.
Version 5.2.0 of the CaptionSync Smart Player was deployed on December 4, 2019. Here's what's new:
- The transcript pane can now be hidden using a new URL parameter: show_transcript. Adding &show_transcript=t to a Smart Player URL (or embed code) will hide the transcript.
- Changes were made to improve layout and usability on tablets and mobile devices in portrait mode. The transcript pane (if enabled) now appears below the video pane on screens less than 768px wide.
- The default embed code width was changed from 900px to 100%, for better responsiveness on embeds. This affects only new embeds.
- Since playback speed cannot be controlled for YouTube videos used with the Smart Player, the "Speed: 1x" is now hidden, to avoid confusion.
- Better error handling: if any files associated with a Smart Player URL are missing or have become corrupted (for example, caption files or optional audio description files), an error message will appear at the top of the page. If the video is playable without the missing files, you will still be able to play the video. If you get this message, please send the URL to our Support team, and we will investigate the cause.
- Fixed bug that was causing playback to restart after using dictionary or encyclopedia lookup features.
- Colored/tagged search results are no longer cleared from the transcript pane when closing the modal dialog box with the results. This allows users to use the background colors in the transcript pane as a secondary navigation method.
- Fixed bug that caused line breaks in captions to be ignored.