Closed Captioning StageClip videos is quite easy with CaptionSync. This article shows how to submit a StageClip video for captioning.
There are two possible scenarios for Captioning StageClip videos:
Direct web upload
- First request the final MP4 from StageClip.
- In your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the SRT format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your media file.
- Once results are available, download the .SRT file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page, and send it to StageClip. The caption file will then be associated in YouTube along with your video, and captions will be displayed.
- When StageClip provides you with the corresponding YouTube URL to your video, you can optionally use it to generate a Smart Player instance for the existing submission.
The Smart Player allows you to display captions and audio descriptions, if requested, for online media in a hassle-free manner, along with an interactive transcript, among other powerful features.
Submitting a YouTube URL
If the video has already been made available in YouTube by StageClip, then you can use YouTube's URL to request captioning for your video. In this case, read these important notes first. If the YouTube video allows embedding and allows playback as embedded, then follow the instructions in our List of URLs feature tutorial to submit the URL. Once results are available, you can use our Smart Player feature to watch the captions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.