Captioning your Blackboard Collaborate/Elluminate presentations is quite easy using CaptionSync. This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to add captions to your Blackboard Collaborate presentations.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- Blackboard Collaborate supports the SRT or the VTT formats. So, in your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the SRT or the VTT formats are selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your video.
- Once results are available, download the .srt or the .vtt file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into Blackboard Collaborate:
- From the Collaborate Scheduler, select Recordings and find the relevant recording. Select the options menu for the recording, and click Add caption source. Browse for the caption file and associate it with the recording.
- Open the recording, and click the Closed Captions button to see captions displayed.
- More information about Closed Captioning in Blackboard Collaborate is available in their support articles, Captions in Collaborate and Navigate Collaborate Recordings with Assistive Technology.
Please sign in to leave a comment.