Adding real-time/live captions to your Accelevents sessions is easy with CaptionSync. In this article, we describe how hosts can provide real-time captions on Accelevents.
Requesting Live Captioning:
- To request Live Captioning for your event, log into your CaptionSync account and follow the instructions in our Live Captioning tutorial on how to schedule and choose the appropriate service.
- Add the Accelevents link next to Audio Source, and provide any additional information in the Comments section (like login credentials for the captioner).
- With Accelevents you'll need to request a StreamText URL for your event, that you'll have to insert in the respective Accelevent session under Sessions & Speakers -> iFrame. Please add that request to the Comments section. E.g.: Please provide StreamText link.
- The closed captioning should appear below the video when the session is viewed from the virtual event hub.
Once the Live Captioning request is booked, you'll receive a confirmation email from our firstname.lastname@example.org address with the captioner's information and other details.
Note: If you need to make changes or cancel your existing request, you can do so from within the respective Live Captioning Details page, in your CaptionSync account. But, if you need to contact the captioner just before the session starts, or for urgent changes to the audio source information, please use the captioner's contact information provided in the confirmation email.
eCART and Accelevents:
If you have requested eCART for your Accelevent session then you'll be provided with a Verbitext URL instead. You should still be able to embed the Verbitext link within Accelevents by adding an extra question mark (?) at the end of the Verbitext URL provided. E.g.:
- Once the session has concluded, we will automatically email you a text transcript, in the next 24 hours, to the address we have on file for your account. The transcript will also be available for download from within the Details page of your Live Captioning request, next to Transcript.
- For Remote CART requests, you can order a caption output for your session, in the .srt or .vtt format, from the Request drop-down menu, in the New Live Captioning Request page, at schedule time. If you have ordered a caption output, it will be emailed separately from our email@example.com address, in the following 24 hours. Note that, generating a caption output is a service with an extra cost.
- More information about providing Live Captioning for Accelevents is available in their Adding Closed Captioning To Your Session article.